- Develop and layout concepts for heavy material handling equipment systems for pulp and paper, primary metals and mining industries.
- Provide design recommendations with respect to equipment/components to meet client and/or ADCL requirements, budget, and schedule.
- To produce all required documents, general assembly drawings, details and BOM’s for fabrication and assembly of equipment.
- Develop cost-effective concepts and solutions, in the form of systems and or individual machines.
- Design material handling systems using computer design tools.
- Select appropriate components and hardware.
- Assist subordinates and verify their work for accuracy and errors (as required).
- Perform some calculations with respect to stress analysis etc.
- Respect budget and project schedule in the design.
- Travel to client sites to take measurements and review designs (when required).
- You have a college or University Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent with 10 years relevant experience in designing innovative machinery and material handling systems for large capital projects.
- You possess a strong knowledge in Solidworks
- Expert knowledge of mechanical elements
- Some knowledge of field elements (sensors, actuators) used to control equipment
- Strong knowledge of material handling equipment and systems for the pulp & paper and/or the primary metal industry is an asset.
- Being completely bilingual (French and English) is an asset.
- You must be an organized, team player, who works well under pressure with a strong feeling for detail.
We offer a challenging work environment competitive remuneration and excellent benefits.