Advanced Dynamics engineers and manufactures mission critical material handling and processing systems for world leading primary aluminium smelters and secondary cast houses worldwide.
Extrusion Billet Batch Homogenizing Systems
Fully automated or semi-automated material handling for extrusion billets for homogenizing and on to sawing operations
Advanced Dynamics designs and builds a highly efficient automatic aluminium batch homogenizing build and break down system. One advantage we have over our competitors is that our gantry system does not touch the aluminium billets.
All motions that we make during the transfer of the extrusion billets are made in linear motions. This improves the reliably and position of the billet at the transfer point.
Our solution ensures;
- uniform load growth during the homogenizing cycles
- linear motions for aluminium billet transfer – no log rolling
- robust billet homogenizing furnace spacers to prevent loads from shifting
Extrusion Billet Sawing and Packaging Systems
Fully automated or semi-automated material handling for extrusion billets for internal or external supplyAdvanced Dynamics provides its customers with the worlds most automated and productive aluminium extrusion billet sawing and packaging systems. Our solutions can be either automatic or semi-automatic and will package the billets and logs for internal use or to supply your customer. The billets and logs are typically prepared to industrial shipping standards but, we can design the packaging line to meet your specific needs.
These systems are tailored to suit customer production requirements and include:
- High speed and robust roller conveyors
- High capacity accumulation conveyors
- Smooth and quiet 90 degree pick and place transfer devices
- High speed circular saws or band saws
- Length gauge stops with integrated programmable pin marking systems
- Automatic Billets stacking machines
- Automatic Billet Strapping machines using steel or plastic strapping and having the capability to insert woodrunners
- Package weighing
- Saw chip collection
- Saw chip briquetting
- Ultrasonic Inspection Stations
- Level 0 and 1 instrumentation and control systems with option Level 2 SCADA
Slab and T-Ingot Sawing Systems
Robust systems for receiving Ingots from vertical casting machine and then cutting them and packing them for downstream processing.
For the handling and high speed cutting, marking, and packaging of Slabs, T-Bars, and plates, Advanced Dynamics provides complete automated systems.
These systems are designed for the specific handling of vertically direct chill (VDC) cast ingots. The equipment is ultra heavy duty to assure reliability and high uptime in the face of the heavy loads and occasional operator abuse.
- Ingot downenders
- Roller Conveyors
- Squaring devices
- High Speed Circular or Band Sawing Machines
- Fully integrated weigh stations
- Automatic pin marking, ink jet marking and labelling systems
- Automatic stacking, strapping and packing per customer requirements
- Automatic ultrasonic inspection
Melt Furnace Charging and Tending Machines
Rail bound aluminium scrap furnace charge car and furnace tending machines.
For both upgrades of existing casthouses and for new cast houses, Advanced Dynamics designs and builds rail bound scrap furnace charging machines and furnace tending machines. Benefits associated with such charging and tending systems include increased throughput, reduction of damage to the furnace linings, ability to use a greater percentage of scrap, reduction of gas usage, and increased operator safety.
Sow Casting Systems
Advanced Dynamics designs and builds a full range of sow casting systems from 5 to 40 tonne per hour in both air cooled and water cooled versions. These systems can be very basic and used as a back-up to other more sophisticated casting machines or they can be fully automated with a marking and packing line and used as mission critical processing lines.
Our systems include:
- Gantry style cranes for crucible transportation
- Crucible tilter stations
- Robotic or dedicated skimming stations
- Sow mould train or turntable style
- Sow moulds
- Vacuum de-moulding/ sow extraction machines
- Secondary water cooling
- Sow weighing and marking stations
- Sow stacking
- Sow accumulation conveyors
Custom Heavy Handling and Packaging Systems
Advanced Dynamics can custom engineer machines of all types for automatic or semi-automatic material handling operations.
Examples of such machines are:
- Ultra heavy duty roller and chain type conveyors
- Bridge cranes, Gantry Cranes, ASRS Cranes
- Rail Bound transfer cars – optional battery operation and wireless control
- Robotic pick and place (up to 1000 kg payloads)
- Industrial Weighing, marking, labelling